4 Hour & J90 Race
ACERBIS 4 HOUR & MOTOMUCK JUNIOR 90
We are sorry to announce that we are having to cancel the 4 Hour and J90 race 2019, and will update you with a postponement date.
Congratulations to Brad Groombridge winner of the Acerbis 4 hour 2018, a record six-time outright winner of this race, and an incredible five times now as an ironman rider!
All detailed results at: www.silverbullet.co.nz
The Taupo 4-Hour endurance race event has been the best supported motorcycle race event of its kind in the country since 2009- Here is a list of the overall winners since this popular race began:
2009: Team Rhys Carter/Nick Saunders
2010: Team Brad Groombridge/Daryl Hurley
2011: Team Peter Broxholme/Chris Power
2012: Team Jesse Donnelly/Rhys Carter
2013: Ironman Brad Groombridge
2014: Ironman Brad Groombridge
2015: Team Liam Draper/Hadleigh Knight
2016: Ironman Brad Groombridge
2017: Ironman Brad Groombridge
2018: Ironman Brad Groombridge
The 2018 Epic season will finish in style with the endurance race of the year on Saturday October 27th. This years race is shaping up to be even better than ever with a fantastic XC style track in a stunning location! We expect the event to prove once again to be the most popular and best supported premier motorcycle endurance race in the country with an estimated 300 riders taking on the challenge. We'll have a great cross section of fast and not as fast riders in the mix and anyone of these either Ironmen or Teams, could take out the overall place…it’s going to make an exciting race!
For all detailed event information view the PDF entry form below:
The venue is 25 minutes west of Taupo, and comprises a 30km flowing forest & farm track within gum, pine & native forest, close to the lake edge, with sweeping turns, hill climbs and drop offs, connected with a series of existing old farm tracks - it's going to be an awesome ride!
There's heaps of great parking, pit area and a fantastic race start, all on a disused farm airstrip, and with fantastic viewing points to watch parts of the race.
You don't have to be an all time racer to enter the 4 Hour - just a well prepared bike and some basic fitness. There's always a great atmosphere at the 4 Hour as many of the riders are just mates racing mates!
There is only 1 bike per individual, but remember teams may use 2 bikes.
To spice it all up there are heaps of awesome prizes - all to be given away after the race at the race venue!
- Fantastic pumice base incorporating a 30km flowing forest & farm trail within the trees with loads of variation.
- Iron-Man pit bypass route
- Teams can choose to ride their own bike or share
- Loads of class options including Father/Son team class
- Vets team - now with combined age 80+ - Great fun making that choice!
- Trophies, prizes and spot-prizes galore!
- Prizegiving directly after the race at the race venue so you all get a chance to win.
- Motomuck Junior 90 Race for ages 11-16
- Purpose built 20km flowing, forest & farm pumice trail
- Novice Woman class 17+ - so come on girls, this is your chance to have a load of fun and test those skills without the pressure!
- All Motomuck J90 race finishers receive a medal PLUS loads of prizes to be won!